The acquisition of TouchNet by Heartland is very exciting for OneCard. TouchNet offers innovative solutions to campuses that allow them to better manage payments and unify campus commerce. It makes sense for TouchNet to become a part of Heartland Payment Systems to give higher education institutions access to even more resources, services, and solutions.
TouchNet + Heartland can also have a great impact on the campus card community. Campus cards are one of the most used payment methods by students. They are used for meals, laundry, vending, books, as well as events and other services. Many campuses process millions of dollars a year through their campus card program, and until now the campus card transactions have been separated from the overall view of financial transactions on campus. This is poised to change.
Campuses can now realize one partner for all transactions, both payment- and privilege-based, in every department, including the campus card. Through TouchNet + Heartland, campuses will be able to bring the Heartland OneCard onto the TouchNet platform, which will provide great benefits to schools.
Through planned development and integration, campuses will be able to see enhanced campus card services offered to their staff and students, such as:
- (1) Use of OneCard as a payment method in Marketplace and through the Payment Gateway.
- (2) The ability to add funds directly to OneCard through Marketplace.
- (3) OneCard balance information available within TouchNet.
- (4) Meal plan, event, and parking plan purchase and assignment through Marketplace.
- (5) TouchNet Dashboard integration, which will allow OneCard financial data to be viewed alongside other payment methods including available funds on OneCard balances and daily transaction amounts.
- (6) Integration to ERP systems through TouchNet for student data and transactions, allowing general ledgers to be updated with OneCard transaction information.
By bringing OneCard transactions into UCommerce, campuses will realize enhanced visibility on their campus card transactions, easier reconciliation, and more efficient campus card management. Every now and then something comes along that changes the landscape of how campuses do business. TouchNet + Heartland is one of those things.