OneCard can provide an abundance of services to students, allowing them to use a single point of access for dining, buying books, paying for laundry, grabbing a snack, going to an event on campus, unlocking their resident hall door, and more. OneCard is built on a foundation of student information that allows these privileges to be assigned to students or financial balances to be added to accounts. This data can come from multiple sources such as a campus ERP system or through existing ID production solutions. Often, data will need to flow from the OneCard system to existing third party access control or print management solutions. Managing this ongoing data integration can be a daunting task for a campus.
Heartland OneCard provides a number of methods for data integration management using web service APIs and real time file transfer utilities. Additionally, we offer integration to third party systems through SDKs and APIs. We have always provided an open platform to allow for connection to other solutions; however, we now offer a new method to assist our clients with data integration management through a partner, SwiftData, and their Pinwheel Data Management Engine.
The Pinwheel Data Management Engine will allow campuses to automate the data workflow between disconnected systems, providing our OneCard clients with a robust tool to assist them in creating business rules for the flow of data. It will also allow the necessary data to flow into OneCard or be shared with other systems, creating the necessary privileges and rules your account holders need to access services in a streamlined and automated fashion.
So why should you consider outsourcing your data integration management to SwiftData and adding Pinwheel DME to your OneCard program? Here are top 6 reasons:
- (1) You can save countless hours for OneCard and IT staff by eliminating manual updates or entries.
- (2) Reduce operating expenses by providing a single source of contact for multi-system data integrations. Instead of creating individual integration points for all of your systems, Pinwheel will provide a centralized data hub with the connections developed by SwiftData.
- (3) Eliminate bad data entry caused by human error. Pinwheel will check for duplications and combine needed data to a single account entry.
- (4) Achieve a better return on your existing campus investments by reducing time spent in creating system links or replacing systems that are unable to communicate with one another.
- (5) You will have open campus architecture because you are not locked into a single third party system. If you choose to move to a different access solution, as an example, Pinwheel can connect OneCard with the new system seamlessly providing you the freedom to use the products that you choose.
- (6) Receive a customized data solution at an off-the-shelf price.
The SwiftData and Heartland partnership is a win-win for our OneCard clients, providing you with industry leading data integration management tools. For more information, please contact your Regional Sales Director or take a look at how SwiftData’s Pinwheel DME can work for your campus by viewing this video.